- We do require confirmation in the form of Credit/Debit Card Details to formally secure your reservation; otherwise no confirmation can be given. Once your reservation has been confirmed, you are automatically entered into an agreement with Strathness House.
- We only accept all Major credit cards. Visa Electron is acceptable for payment only, but not for Confirmation or Pre authorisation.
- For Cancellations of less than 48 hours notice from 10.00 on day of arrival, the full amount of the first nights stay will be charged to your credit/debit card.
- For Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice from 10.00 on day of arrival, the full amount of your booking will be charged to your debit / credit card. In some exceptional cases this may be waived, at the discretion of the proprietor though there may be an administration fee charged. (20GBP per room per day booked). If you do not take up your booking before 20.00 hrs on day of arrival and we have not been notified of a late check-in, the charge for your total stay will be charged to your card. If your card is declined, your reservation will be cancelled with immediate effect
- If you decide to leave earlier than the length of your reservation (providing less than 24 hour notice is given ), the full amount for your remaining stay will be charged to your credit/debit card.All deposits are non-refundable if bookings are cancelled less than one week ( 7 days ) prior to arrival by 10.00 hrs.
- A Reservation of 3 or more nights stay, will require to have a deposit of the first night’s stay charged to their payment card, 7 days before arrival. This deposit is non-refundable. The remaining balance will be payable on check-out.
- Group Bookings of three or more rooms require a deposit of full payment of the reservation , 7 days before arrival. This deposit is non refundable. Otherwise all other conditions apply.
- We reserve the right to amend / cancel your reservation at any time. Notice of at least one month will be given.
Points to Note:
- Unfortunately Strathness House does not have a lift (elevator). Our bedrooms are on the 1st and 2nd floors. Please note, there are no bedrooms on the Ground floor. Help is always available.
- Check out time is up to 10.30 hrs. Check in time is between 15.00 hrs and 20.00 hrs, out with these times by prior arrangement with the proprietors. Please inform us if you are going to be later than 20.00hrs.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate children of 5 years and under. If you fail to inform us of young children who are travelling with you, your reservation will be cancelled.
- The entire building is strictly non-smoking and this includes out of the windows. A substantial charge is made for breach of this condition.
- Password-protected Wi-Fi Internet access is available free of charge, via your own laptop or smartphone. The password is available from reception.
- On arrival a credit/debit swipe may be required to update your reservation details. These details are kept as security until you have checked-out and the room has been inspected. They are then safely and securely destroyed.
- The conduct of you or your guest(s) will be your responsibility. Any charges made in respect of any damage (wilful or via neglect) will be charged to your credit/debit card given at check-in.
There is no parking directly at Strathness House; however there is an excellent car park 100 metres away (next to Cathedral). There is usually a small fee required (5 GBP for 24 hours). On Ardross Street , which is also next to us there is some restricted parking, although there is free parking between 1700hrs and 1000hrs. Parking is usually not a problem.
When dropping off luggage and passengers at the House, there is a wide pavement outside the front door, which you can park on to unload and load.
Please also note that the road in front of the House is One Way, going in the direction of having the river on your LEFT.
If using GPS or Sat Navigation, you may not find us as some have failed to include Ardross Terrace. If you look for Ness Walk, the Cathedral or Ardross Street – we are facing the river, on Ness Walk and opposite the Cathedral.